Doss USA’s automatic sorting machines scan your small items for defects that the human eye can’t see. The sorter then rejects pieces that don’t conform to your standards so your teams can look at them further for additional analysis.
Does your company need an automatic sorting machine?
Doss Visual Solution can supply you with the device you need to help make your manufacturing process more efficient.
What is an automatic sorting machine?
Automatic sorting machines, or automatic sorting systems, use machine learning, digital imaging, and precise movements to sort individual units according to your specifications, including defective items or items of a different size.
How does an automatic sorting machine work?
The feeder unit (elevator or vibratory feeder) positions the pieces one by one on the transportation system (rotating glass table or customized system) and continuously conveys them to the different checking optic-electronic control groups, enabling them to display images corresponding to the type of control in progress.
The feeding system can supply the machine with a sufficient quantity of parts regardless of their size or deformities. Free of mechanical “traps”, the machine ensures the indispensable autonomous, smooth operation.
Adequate sorting systems separate the good pieces from the rejects to each control station. The rejected parts are conveyed separately to outlets that can be fitted with plastic bins, bags, and cartons, either inside or outside the machine for collection of the parts.
The machine interface offers the operator an easy-to-learn menu of the machine functions.
- Partial and total counters.
- Count-down with machine stop.
- Pre-series sampling with memorization of the control data for each piece.
- Statistical calculation for cross sections, diameter (ID – OD) and height, standard deviation, maximum, minimum range, SPC with Cp and Cpk values.
- Quality Certificate with complementary data
An informative screen is associated with each control station so that the rate of rejects, sorted by type, can be monitored, as well as the number of good parts.
At any time, a full report can be obtained (number of rejects, number per type of fault, number of good parts, etc.) for each individual station or group of stations, the data can be printed out or submitted to statistical calculations (associated with each batch number).
How does an automatic sorting machine save your company money?
Automatic sorting machines offer cost-saving advantages:
- Faster batch processing. Conveyors can move at faster speeds to deliver units under the inspection area. When adjusting for the size of individual items, you can increase or decrease speeds to ensure everything falls through in a proper way.
- Lightning-fast visual inspections. Automatic sorting machines also foster high-tech visual inspections that can keep up with your demand for speed and accuracy when removing defective items. When your team examines defects to determine the patterns of how they get their deformities, you can easily fix the problem.
- Saves on labor costs. Automatic sorters, coupled with visual inspection systems, save labor costs with less downtime and fewer interruptions in the line while allowing your staff time to focus on other, higher-level tasks.
Test Us! We Have the Top Visual Inspection Systems!
Reach out to Doss USA for more information on our world-class visual inspection systems that can help your automatic sorting machines process items faster, more accurately, and with better results. Contact our American office at (734) 228-5992 today for more information.